Service ManagerFeb 20, 2020
Elmer Schultz is looking for a Service Manager to work in our Philadelphia office. Our technicians are the face of our company and our Service Manager is responsible for managing our technicians. This is a critical role within Elmer Schultz. We believe each employee contributes directly to our success and provide a work environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth.
We offer competitive industry pay and excellent benefits including medical, dental, paid holiday/personal time off and a 401k profit sharing plan.
Service Manager responsibilities at a glance:
- Effectively manages all hot side service, including technicians and service staff
- Clearly provides technical support to technicians; troubleshoots onsite as needed
- Consistently oversees weekly dispatch and call central boards
- Occasionally acts as relief dispatcher
- Clearly provides annual calendar of all hot side on-call schedules
- Consistently reviews service technicians’ weekly timesheets
- Consistently responds and resolves work-related employee problems/suggestions in a timely manner
- Promptly tracks recalls and unbillable labor and monitors profitability of technicians
- Consistently reviews all service estimates
- Promptly reviews all completed paperwork for billing
- Proactively manages in-house CFESA training, testing and ensuring certifications are current
- Proactively initiates and plans training to develop staff members
- Clearly promotes career growth
Fleet Vehicle Management
- Effectively and efficiently manages Fleet including vehicle maintenance, service records and renewals
- Independently proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Automated Service
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Consistently serves as a role model to employees/coworkers
- Consistently maintains calm and productivity under stress
- Effectively motivates and provides guidance to employees/coworkers
- Professionally handles customer, vendor, etc. disputes without hostility
- Consistently exhibits fairness and impartiality in interactions with staff
Internally, the Service Manager will work with our technicians, service staff, branch managers, parts department and president to ensure our service department is running efficiently and effectively to ensure maximum productivity.
Externally, the Service Manager will work with our customers, manufacturers, factories, etc. to ensure all questions and concerns are resolved in a timely manner.